Click here to learn about and register for a Summer Information Session!
The Biomedical Science major started in 2005 and proudly graduated its first class in Spring 2009. The major includes:
· Curriculum of science coursework in biology, chemistry, physics, and math
· Personalized liberal arts curriculum
· Coursework in the biomedical science major includes: critical analysis of research literature; laboratory techniques, social issues in medicine, healthcare policy, leadership, and advanced multidisciplinary studies of immunology/ infectious disease, genetics/neuroscience, and cancer
· Involvement in cutting edge biomedical research
· Opportunities for internship and apprenticeship in the finest labs at The Ohio State University Medical Center and around the world
The major seeks to put students in an excellent position for entering a graduate program in medical research, medicine, dentistry, or just about any other area of healthcare. While students learn the basics in the sciences and the liberal arts, students also build skills working in teams, exercise leadership abilities, and advanced written and oral communication skills.
Students interested in majoring in Biomedical Science are required to apply for admission to the program as a senior in high school. Students who are eligible for
I invite you to learn more about the Biomedical Science major, admission, career opportunities, and meet our faculty and students by browsing through our website. Contact Lori Martensen, Program Manager, by telephone at 614-247-8060 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
John Gunn, PhD