Below is a timeline of what an applicant to the Biomedical Science major can expect in the process. Contact the department at email@example.com with questions or concerns.
Summer before Senior Year
1. Review the Biomedical Science program website to learn about the major.
2. Visit the Biomedical Science program by attending an overview session, open house or individual appointment with the Program Manager.
1. Print and review the Application Instructions for the Biomedical Science major and begin to prepare the materials for the application for admission.
2. Submit an application for undergraduate admission online.
1. Submit an application for the Biomedical Science major after reviewing the application instructions online by the priority deadline of December 1st!
1. Check your email for messages from the Biomedical Science program about scheduling an interview. Competitive applicants are interviewed for the program and will typically be contacted via email.
2. If offered an interview, begin preparing for the interview. Questions that are asked on the admissions application are important, and may be discussed in the interview. Review the Preparing for the Biomedical Science Interview information on the website.
1. Conduct informational interviews and job shadowing with professionals in healthcare and medicine. Continue to consider if medicine and research is a career you wish to pursue.
2. Final admissions decisions are communicated to students by the end of March. Communication with students is typically via email. Check email regularly.
1. Consider your options. Students who are admitted to the Biomedical Science major have likely been offered admission at many colleges and universities. Consider if Biomedical Science is the right major for you.
2. Communicate with the program manager and with Ohio State undergraduate admission, and the honors program about your final decision to attend Ohio State.
1. Graduate from High School!
2. Enjoy your summer!
3. Prepare for enrollment at Ohio State!